Walking - Guide to walking for fitness, recreation,
and competitive racewalking. Provides articles,
a link library, chat, bulletin board, and newsletter.
- ActiveKarma: Walking, Jogging, and Running - Comprehensive
information and articles, profiles, nutrition,
experts' answers, facilities and coaches, teams
and clubs, forum, and chat.
- Adventure Walking and Travel Tips - Guinness Book
of Records record holder Arthur Blessitt give
tips about walking and travel.
- Danata's Walking Club Ideas - Personal website
with tips on exercise, gear, general fitness pointers
and stress relief.
- eGroups: Walklist - Dedicated to walking for fitness,
sport, and fun. Walking clubs and events are featured.
The members share their experience of walking.
- eMedicine Health - Walking for Fitness - Consumer
health resource center providing information on
the health benefits of walking.Tips on walking
routines, exercises, shoes and other equipment.
- Everybody's Walking - Index - Members only forum
for walkers and ramblers.
- First Verified Walk Around the World - Documents
the Kunst brothers' global walk. Photos, anecdotes
Walkers Inc. - Offers online statistical tracking
of fitness activities and goal progress for clubs
and individuals. Also provides events to help
set and achieve personal goals.
Volkssport Federation - Official Volkssport
site. Description of its purpose, lists walking
clubs and their contact information, events worldwide
and membership information.
- JustWalk.com - Membership site providing information
and resources for tracking fitness progress and
- Let's Strollercise - Strollercising is a way for
moms and dads to get into shape. Information,
tips, medical corner, food, users' questions.
- Marathon Walking - Information and tips on walking
marathons. Includes training schedules, marathon
calendar, and testimonials.
Toronto Fitness Club Powerwalking - Training
tips and event listing for competitive fitness
walkers. Also club information and links.
Walks - Online training log for members.
- Outdoor Pursuits - Walking For Health Benefits
- Basic information on the benefits of walking
for health, state of mind and longevity. Features
suggestions for walking in Great Britain.
Over the Hill Gang - Volkssport club focused
on walking in historic areas of Washington and
Fitness - Offers personalised online training
program and free newsletter.
Peru Trek 2004 - Diary of trek for UK charity
Scope in Peru, in aid of Cerebral Palsy charity.
Photos and glossary.
Walks: 12 Week Fitness Programs - Walking
program with goals to improve mental and physical
fitness and health. Program description and contact
Spirit of Walking - Directs viewers to events
sponsored by the American Volkssport Association.
Links include a tutorial, FAQ, definitions, walking
clubs, youth programs, articles and membership
Newman, the Worldwalker - The official site
with biography, resources, forums, and contacts.
- Walk 4 Life - Yahoo! walking group. Includes forum,
photographs, journals, tips and links.
- Walk About Magazine
- Magazine covering various styles and purposes
for walking, fitness, training, weight loss, nutrition.
Highlights from current and past issues.
Walk Zone - Contains a collection of walks
from various locations in the United Kingdom,
plus some from travels to mountainous regions
overseas. Includes description, photos and some
Club of America - A national walking club
on the Internet. Allows the user to find a walking
partner in their city.
- Walker's Warehouse Fitness - Designed to provide
the ability to log walks, chat with walkers, research
walking events and travel, and purchase walking
101 - A resource for walkers of all shapes,
sizes and styles. Articles on the benefits of
walking, walking tips for seniors and kids, links
to injury prevention, books on walking, walking
music, and race walking.
- Walking - The Alexander Technique - Ways in which
this century-old method can help improve the quality
- Walking - the Best Exercise - Expounds the virtues
of walking, listing the benefits and linking to
sites that go deeper into the various benefits.
- Walking and Fitness - The PCWalker's page is a
source for walking information.
- walking around the world for actionaid - An around-the-world
walk for the charity Actionaid. Personal journal,
photographs, information on this long distance
at Active.com - Walking races, events, and
training for race walking and walking for fitness.
Walkers can search and register online for events
nationwide, as well as browse training tips and
- Walking at the iVillage Diet and Fitness channel.
- Walking information with diet and nutrition
tips and health related articles.
Channel.Com - Defines power walking, how to
train, walking stories, marathon training, links
to other walking topics, magazines and events.
- Walking Connection - Leads multi-active adventures
to some of the most exciting destinations in the
France - Offers walking tours in France. Tours,
Paris passes and hotels, links, profile, and contacts.
Healthy.com - Information on walking for the
non-competitive athlete, includes tips on technique,
shoe selection, warming up and cooling down.
- Walking Holidays in England and Spain - Offers
walking holidays in Calderdale, England, and Spanish
hiking holidays. Areas covered, reservations,
contacts, and links.
on Skopelos - Guided walking tours of Skopelos,
a Greek island in the Northern Sporades are organised
and run by Heather. She also produces an island
map and the Sotos Walking Guide.
Walking Site - A Resource for Walkers - How
to start and maintain a fitness walking program,
and where to find walking information. FAQ, clubs,
links. Tips for beginners, racewalking, events,
marathons, and walking gear.
- Walking Vacations - A guide to European walking
vacations, including tour dates, prices and detailed
- Walking with The Wayfarers - Offering a range
of walks in the USA, Europe, Australia, and New
Zealand. Newsletter, yearly schedule and catalogue.
- Walking with Weights - Guide to learning how to
use weights in conjunction with walking. Exercises
for various muscle groups and lessons for the
- Walking information and guided UK walks. Easy
rambles to mountain expeditions. Adventurous activities
abseils caving climbing. Outdoor training courses.
- Warawick University Mountain Walking Club - Descriptions
of a variety of walks in Wales, the Lake District
(Britain), and Scotland. Includes photos and maps.
You can sign up for walks and review previous
New York Hiking and Walking - Descriptions
and photos of about 30 hiking and walking spots
in Western New York. Most are in Erie County.
Way Trail - 132km self-guided walking trail
in Ireland. Website includes section by section
trail descriptions, maps and accommodation listings.
Company - Walk on Water - Physical fitness
creates an `anything is possible' attitude toward
life and work that is the foundation for excellence.
The site offers walking programs for individuals
- Wurzel Country - A site about Nigel Vile's walking
and cycling books.
- Plantar Fasciitis is a Common Cause of Heel Pain
- Plantar fasciitis is caused by inflammation
of the plantar fascia, a thin layer of tough tissue
supporting the arch of the foot. An article from
Medical College Phycisians of Wisconsin.
content of the EDinformatics directory is
based on the Open
Directory and is enhanced using EDinformatics
Modified by EDinformatics
- ©2004 EDinformatics